Each year KAZGUU Endowment CF looks for grants and scholarships for the University’s gifted students. In the past two years, the Fund has supported talented young people with grants, tuition discounts and scholarships.
During this time, the Fund has provided about 50 grants, and 50%, 60%, 75%, and 100% tuition discounts financed by sponsors, partners, and also graduates of KAZGUU University. Several students are receiving a monthly stipend of 25,000 tenge, and the University’s best 12 students are also recipients of the 25,000 tenge monthly scholarship.
At the end of last year, one of our partners – KazMunayGas Legal Council, which works under the KazMunayGas Board – established a student scholarship programme for KAZGUU students.
A competition for the scholarship was held in two stages; the terms of the competition were posted on the websites of KazMunayGas and KAZGUU University.
The first stage was a preliminary selection of applications and an evaluation of the applicants’ research papers on “Topical issues of legal regulation in subsoil use of hydrocarbons”.
At the second stage, the contestants defended their papers before the selection committee headed by Ardak Mukushov, managing director of KazMunayGas Legal Support. The committee also included:
– Nogaybai Zangar, Executive Director of the “KAZENERGY” Association;
– Daniel Vaisov, Managing Director for Administrative and Legal Support of PSA LLP;
– Marlen Orazbekov, Managing Director of KazMunaiGas EP for Legal Issues;
– Valentina Lebed, Candidate of Law, co-author of comments to the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan “On Subsoil and Subsoil Use”;
– Zhanna Bayseitova, Director of KAZGUU Endowment Corporate Fund;
– Dariga Kurmanova, a member of the Executive Committee of the Kazakhstan Lawyers’ Union, member of the Coordinating Council of the International Union of Lawyers, Executive Director of the Legal Centre “Zenesh”.
On June 27, 2018, in KazMunayGas committee finalised the results of the competition, and announced the winners:
first place – Bolat Bekbolatovich Kabylov, 3rd-year Jurisprudence student;
second place – Abugaliev Syrymbet Maakhambetovich, 3rd-year Jurisprudence student;
third place – Moldakhmetova Galiya Andreyevna, 3rd-year Jurisprudence student.
In addition, the Committee awarded letters of appreciation to Erezhepov Manas Bagdatovich and Asainova Laura Sabyrbekkyzy for their participation in the competition.
In conclusion, the Chairman of the Committee Ardak Mukushov expressed gratitude to the members of the Council, the Committee, and KAZGUU University for their help in organising the competition, noting the importance of supporting talented youth.